Important notice: this is an Internship opening
Department: Communication & Marketing
This piece-work position requires a high-energy, self-directed, deadline-oriented individual who has exceptional communication skills. The successful candidate will research and write articles in a conversational, engaging style. Each blog entry will reinforce Space Hub’s main objectives: offer best practices information, create a sense of community, offer business opportunities information, and create an opportunity for industry insiders’ reader comments.
Must have genuine curiosity for many things and a love for writing and a comprehensive understanding of the Aeronautics and Space industries, exponential technologies, business ecosystems, entrepreneurship.
You will be responsible for writing interesting and engaging articles geared for a specific target audience and have the ability to come up with original, relevant and timely topics.
The successful candidate must possess the following core skills:
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Proficient in English and Romanian grammar and punctuation
- Must be creative and able to come up with relevant, interesting topics
- Ability to know the audience’s needs, wants and problems and able to address them successfully
- Have a professional, consistent, and sometimes witty writing style that encourages subscribers to share on social media and elsewhere
Other possible skills:
- Fact checking
- Take interesting photos and shot good quality video
- Need knowledge or interest of Space industry developments at global level.
- Possess engaging “conversational” writing skills with a professional posture.
- Effective and efficient self-starter.
- Write and publish content on the Space Hub blog under the direction of the Chief of Marketing
- Conduct research to obtain factual information and authentic detail
- Choose Space related subject matter that interest readers
- Work with editors and clients to shape the material so it can be published
- Manage the blog community by moderating and responding to comments
- SEO implementation
- Handle social media marketing activities such as posting to LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
- Answer emails on behalf of the blog
- Perform blog maintenance activities such as updating plugins
- Write content for the blog
- Analyze web analytics data to gauge content performance
- Manage split testing and other content performance tests
- Manage subscriptions, syndication, and email newsletters
- Manage guest posting requests
- Perform other content creation duties as assigned
- Ability to effectively manage time and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Present professional, but friendly posture with blogosphere colleagues and the Space community.
- Understand mission of Space Hub
- Desktop computer
- Internet connection
- Skype, GoToMeeting, WhatsApp, Google Hangouts useful for interviews